PLEASE USE THESE LINKS FOR THE MOST CURRENT COVID-19 VACCINE INFORMATION AND PHASE 2 REGISTRATION UPDATES
LINKS TO CVS, GILLETTE STADIUM AND WALGREEN TO REGISTER FOR VACCINATION WHEN PHASE 2 BEGINS
MASS GENERAL BRIGHAM
COVID-19 Vaccine Update
We know that patients continue to have a lot of questions about the COVID-19 vaccine and when they can get it. We are doing everything we can to prepare for when we can give our patients the vaccine. Below is an update on our planning efforts. We have also included important information for patients 65 years and older and for patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Information for patients 65 years old or older
- Recently, the federal government announced that states may choose to offer the vaccine to those age 65 years and older. The state of Massachusetts is reviewing the federal government's announcement. However, at this point, the state has not changed the age criteria.
- The state of Massachusetts is currently planning to offer vaccines to those age 75 years and over beginning in February.
- If Massachusetts does make any changes to its current plans or age criteria, we will follow the state guidance. We will notify patients of any changes through Patient Gateway and on our website (massgeneralbrigham.org).
Information for pregnant or breastfeeding patients:
Many patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding have questions about whether they should get the vaccine when they can. Experts from our system have answered some of the most common questions and you can find them on our website.
Where will the vaccine be available?
- Mass General Brigham is planning for several vaccination clinics in locations that are easily accessible, including at some of our medical offices.
- We expect to open a clinic at Assembly Row in Somerville in February. Assembly Row is easily accessible by the MBTA and major highways. There is also close parking available. We will let patients know when this clinic is open and how you can schedule an appointment.
- The vaccine may also be available through city and town clinics, local pharmacies and state vaccination sites like Gillette Stadium. We will update our patients about all their vaccination options through Patient Gateway and on our website.
How will I know when I can get the vaccine?
- We will communicate with you regularly. We will send you a message when we have details about the process of scheduling an appointment.
- You can find updated information and the answers to frequently asked questions on our website. We update it regularly with new information so check back often. You can also find more information about the vaccine and the state's phases at mass.gov.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
------------ABOUT THIS MESSAGE----------
This is an automated message from Mass General Brigham Patient Gateway. Patient Gateway is intended for non-urgent, secure electronic communication with your doctor's office.
Click here for Technical Support.